Eightfold Path Program with Mentoring series – 2020 – 2021
The Buddha’s most explicit path of practice is the Eightfold Path— a set of eight practical approaches to bring Buddhist practice into the breadth and depth of our lives. The Eightfold Path Program is an introduction to each of the Eightfold factors so participants will discover how to apply each set of practices in ways that are personally meaningful.
Pre-requisite: Completion of ISC’s Introduction to Meditation course or the equivalent.
All are welcome to attend the Sunday sessions below. Please register to receive Zoom links and course materials by email. Mentoring slots will probably be limited. The application form is here.
The program has the following elements:
- 2-1/2 hour monthly meetings that include teachings, meditation, and discussions.
- Readings, reflections, and practices for each month.
- A monthly one-hour personal meeting with an Eightfold Path mentor to discuss one’s practice and reflections on the Eightfold Path factors. NOTE: Mentoring slots will probably be limited.
- Ends with a one-day Eightfold Path retreat on Zoom and perhaps also for locals at the Insight Retreat Center in Scotts Valley
- Contact [email protected] with questions.
Sunday 1:00 – 2:30
Sep 6 – Introduction to the Program
Oct 4 – Eightfold Path Program – Wise View
Nov 1 – Eightfold Path Program – Wise Intention
Dec 6 – Eightfold Path Program – Wise Speech
Jan 10 – Eightfold Path Program – Wise Action
Feb 7 – Eightfold Path Program – Wise Livelihood
Mar 7 – Eightfold Path Program – Wise Effort
Apr 4 – Eightfold Path Program – Wise Mindfulness
May 9 – Eightfold Path Program – Wise Concentration
Saturday, June 19, 9:30 to 4:30
Concluding Daylong Retreat – on Zoom and if possible for those that can attend at Insight Retreat Center, Scotts Valley
To provide dana to Insight Santa Cruz please use the Sangha Dana button below.
Once registered for this program, you will have received instructions on how to join online.
Please return to the calendar to learn of any schedule updates.
The following displayed information is for event planning and hosting (participants should ignore):
- Zoom user hosting the event: User not selected.