The Sangha Connection
The volunteer Buddhist chaplains at Correctional Training Facility and Salinas Valley State Prison in Soledad, have started a newsletter, The Sangha Connection, for the sangha (community) that includes both the “inside” sanghas of inmates and the “outside” sanghas of people who are interested in and supportive of Buddhist meditation programs in the prisons. We hope that this newsletter will help us be more aware of our connection to each other and help us support each other in our practice.
Click on the links below to read issues of The Sangha Connection Newsletter
- The Sangha Connection – Issue 7 – Fall 2009
- The Sangha Connection – Issue 6 – Fall 2008
- The Sangha Connection – Issue 5 – Fall 2007
- The Sangha Connection – Issue 4 – Spring 2007 (Generosity)
- The Sangha Connection – Issue 3 – Winter 2006 (Looking at Anger)
- The Sangha Connection – Issue 2 – Summer 2005 (Forgiveness)
- The Sangha Connection – Issue 1 – Spring 2005 (Patience)
Insight Santa Cruz Sangha members are invited to create and submit for publication in this newsletter essays, stories, poems, drawings, cartoons, etc. on topics related to Buddhist practice or meditation.
We regret that we may not be able to publish all written pieces or artwork submitted, due to space limitations.
- We request that written pieces be no longer than a maximum of 500 words.
- Written pieces may be edited or made shorter before they are printed.
- Writing style is not as important as thoughtfulness and honesty.
- Please sign your writing or artwork with your first name or a nickname (real or fictional) only, or indicate that you want your submission to be anonymous (no name used).
- If you do not have access to a typewriter or computer, please print clearly.
- Writings or artworks cannot be returned to their authors or creators.
Submit your writing or artwork by mailing it to the following address:
P.O. Box 868
Capitola, CA 95010
For more information on the Prison Project go to the Prison Project Page.