Peer-led Dharma Friends groups, classes, or events
Dharma Friends groups, classes, or events serve to build community among Insight Santa Cruz Sangha members. These peer-led groups, classes, or events are intended to encourage community in our Sangha. All Sangha members and their friends are welcome to our Dharma Friends groups, classes, or events.
There are no fees for these programs, and donations are welcome to support the general fund of Insight Santa Cruz.
How to Offer a Dharma Friends program
Sangha members are encouraged to organize Dharma Friends groups, classes, or events, based on the following conditions & guidelines:
- The sangha member is already known to ISC teachers and has been practicing regularly at ISC for at least one year.
- The Dharma Friends class or event can be hosted at ISC as long as the space is not needed for classes or events. The group can also meet offsite at people’s homes or other locations.
- When Dharma Friends groups, classes, or events are offered at ISC, a dana talk should be included to invite participants to contribute to the overall fund for the use of the ISC facility.
- Since Dharma Friends groups are considered “peer-led”, no teacher dana should be offered since it is not a “teacher” led offering.
- To suggest a group, class or event, please fill out this online form Dharma Friends Event Proposal, which asks for a one-paragraph summary of the event and other information. You will be contacted by a coordinator.